The Zen of Wiki with Gollum
- I can use Vim to edit my wiki pages.
- I can use Ack for searching.
- I can read/edit it on Github, when I’m not on my MacBook.
Create a repository in Github (I use the repository of my blog). Click
Git Access. Clone the wiki and you are done.
1 2 3 4 5 6
If you want to see the wiki page rendered in your browser while you are writing it, I have written a gem called Reloadlive.
1 2 3
It’s very boring to do every time you modify your wiki:
1 2 3 4
But if you use Rvm, you can create a
.rvmrc in the root of your wiki:
1 2 3 4
Every time you cd, Rvm looks for a file called .rvmrc. If it finds it, it executes it. If you don’t use Rvm, you can use Autoenv.
- No database.
- Password protected if you need.
- It works offline.
- Vim editing instead of the
- Regex search with Ack.
- Instant preview in the browser.
- Markdown language like in Jekyll.
I’m ok for the next 10 years. :-)